Keto Candy Bars are a delectable and satisfying treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth while adhering to a low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle. These homemade candy bars are rich in healthy fats and low in carbs, making them a perfect guilt-free indulgence.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol (or your preferred keto-friendly sweetener)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate, chopped (at least 85% cocoa content)
- Optional: chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, or sea salt for topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded coconut, almond flour, and powdered erythritol.
- Add the almond butter, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract to the bowl. Mix well until the ingredients are thoroughly combined and form a sticky dough.
- Line a small baking dish or container with parchment paper. Transfer the dough mixture to the lined dish and press it down firmly to create an even layer.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator and chill for about 1 hour, or until the dough is firm and set.
- Once the dough is firm, remove it from the refrigerator and cut it into individual candy bar-sized pieces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the sugar-free dark chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each interval until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.
- Dip each candy bar piece into the melted chocolate, coating it completely. Use a fork to lift the coated candy bar out of the chocolate, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Place the chocolate-coated candy bars on a parchment-lined tray or plate. If desired, sprinkle chopped nuts, unsweetened coconut flakes, or a pinch of sea salt on top of each candy bar.
- Transfer the tray or plate to the refrigerator and let the chocolate coating set for about 30 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is set, remove the Keto Candy Bars from the refrigerator and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts (Approximate Values):
Please note that the nutrition facts may vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.
- Serving Size: 1 candy bar (recipe makes approximately 8 candy bars)
- Calories: 150-180 kcal
- Total Fat: 14-16g
- Saturated Fat: 7-8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 15-20mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 6-8g
- Dietary Fiber: 3-4g
- Sugars: 1-2g
- Protein: 2-3g